Filter by Grade
There are no items in your cart.
Edit Cart to review your order, adjust quantities and delete items by click edit items.
WIDA PRIME V2
The Protocol for Review of Instructional Materials for ELLs (PRIME) was developed by WIDA as a tool to assist publishers and educators in examining the presence of key components of the WIDA Standards Framework in their materials. This updated edition offers a better explanation of how language development standards work with college and career readiness standards and other academic content standards for educators of English language learners (ELLs) and students being instructed in Spanish.
The correlation process identifies how the components of the 2012 Amplification of the English Language Development Standards, Kindergarten through Grade 12 and the Spanish Language Development (SLD) Standards are represented in the instructional materials. These materials vary from core or supplemental texts and websites to software (e.g., apps, computer programs). PRIME is not an evaluative tool that judges the effectiveness of published materials using the WIDA Language Development Standards.
Those who complete WIDA PRIME V2 Trainings receive Correlator Certification. This may be renewed on an annual basis. Contact WCEPS for pricing details at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-272-5593.
New in This Edition
PRIME has expanded to include:
- WIDA Standards Framework
- English and Spanish Language Development Standards
- Relevance for both US domestic and international audiences
- Applicability to digital product design features
To assist educators in making informed decisions on the selection of instructional materials for language education programs.
To inform publishers and correlators on the aspects of the WIDA Standards Framework and its applicability to the development of instructional materials.
- District administrators, instructional coaches, and teacher educators responsible for the selection of instructional materials inclusive of language learners
- Publishers and correlators responsible for ensuring their instructional materials address language development.
WIDA welcomes the opportunity to work with both publishers and educators. WIDA realizes that it has a unique perspective in its conceptualization of language development standards and their use. It is our hope that in using this inventory, publishers and educators will gain a keener insight into the facets involved in the language development of language learners, both in the US and internationally, as they pertain to products.
PRIME is organized into two parts that provide information about instructional materials based on criteria that reflect the WIDA Standards Framework.
- Part 1 contains information about the materials to be correlated.
- Part 2 presents the major components of the WIDA Standards Framework and includes space for publishers to respond to each component.
- PRIME V2 Certification covers both print and digital products.
- Names and basic contact information for certified WIDA PRIME V2 Correlators will be posted on our PRIME V2 website for reference.
- Completed WIDA PRIME V2 Correlations can be sent to email@example.com to be posted on the WIDA PRIME V2 website.
Years 2+ Requirements
$800 Re-Certification Fee (includes 1-year certification and annual training requirement)
PRIME V2 Certified Correlators must complete either an in-person or web-based training within the first quarter of the new certification year to maintain PRIME V2 Certified Correlator status.
Margo Gottlieb and other WIDA experts are continually innovating and improving WIDA's great resources, including WIDA PRIME V2. The yearly fees include all updates to the PRIME V2 tool, as well as the annual training. Renewal fees last as long as Certified PRIME V2 Correlators wish to continue utilizing the PRIME V2 tool and PRIME V2 seal on correlated materials.
WIDA PRIME V2 Correlator Training
For information regarding the date and location of the next WIDA PRIME V2 correlator Training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.